[Shop-talk] Looking for a small fan motor ...

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Looking for a small fan motor ...
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 10:52:37 -0500
I have a Razor heater in the garage and the small fan motor that blows air
over the heat exchanger has gone walk-about. It is a 115 volt 1550 RPM motor
that draws 1.2 amps, four 1/8 inch mounting screws 2 inches apart - a square -
on the drive face for mounting and a 3/16 inch diameter by 3 1/2 inch long
shaft for the fan blade.

I can provide all of the A. O. Smith motor plate details if that would help.

A quick check at Surplus Center and McMaster did not come close to what I
needed.

Any thoughts on where I should look next? A recommendation for a 'small
electric motor vendor' on the web?

Thanks,
Arvid