Re: [Shop-talk] Harbor Freight testimonial

To: "David C." <cavanadd@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Harbor Freight testimonial
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 14:18:15 -0500
That's a point - no regulator or water separator included on this model
either.  But it does have a 24" fluorescent light mounted in its own housing
on top of the cabinet, sealed off with glass (even protective plastic sheets
installed for the light and window, and a few spares).  Even the light
switch on the outside of the cabinet has a membrane over it to keep grit
out.

Also - someone posted to advise me to caulk the seams as he had to do with
his TIP cabinet.  I forgot to mention that -- besides an excellent paint
(powder coat?) finish, no sharp edges, etc., they beautifully silicone
caulked every seam - everything that might leak.  They properly pre-applied
all the sealing foam strips on the mating surfaces you have to assemble (and
might want to take apart again some day) - no smashed roll of junk foam that
you'd need to replace with decent stuff - everything is already done, and
really nice.

I feel even better about not having the TIP cabinet now.

It pains me to say this, because I'm a Made in USA kind of guy - but this is
a really nice product.

Karl