Re: [Shop-talk] Drill bits: carbon steel vs high-speed

To: Eugene D Abbondelo <eabb@loc.gov>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Drill bits: carbon steel vs high-speed
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:34:31 -0400
On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Eugene D Abbondelo <eabb@loc.gov> wrote:
> This post reminded me to ask:
>
> Concerning drill sharpening--I have a Drill Doctor brand drill sharpener and
I have never been able to get it to sharpen decently. B Anyone else had this
problem? B Is there a better brand out there?

As Arvid suggests, I suspect you're not getting the bit in correctly.
I've got the lowest end one (so low-end, they no longer make it), and
it works fine.  It took me some fiddling to figure out how the bits
went in; neither the video nor instruction manual made sense to me.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com