Re: [Shop-talk] What's better than helicoil?

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] What's better than helicoil?
From: "Steve Hammatt Mount Vernon WA USA" <gsteve@hammatt.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 08:59:03 -0700
I've also examined this issue and recently purchased a
thread locking solid insert.  It's the only way I could solve
my problem within the dimensional limitations that existed.
Here some more information about alternatives:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#thread-repair-kits/=121ydh
I haven't used it yet, but hopefully will get to this repair on
our 1914 Overland oil pump sometime next week.

Good Luck
Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA