Re: [Shop-talk] Head Lamps- knob instead of push button,

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Head Lamps- knob instead of push button,
From: Matt Wehland <mattw@webtripper.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 18:14:58 -0500
Chris Kantarjiev wrote:
>> Probably a good reason, I just don't like the way the buttons operate.

>> Understood! The BD stuff is designed, mostly, to operate with gloves,
>> so you might like it better.
>>
>> Petzl's headlamps used to have the switch built into the lamp housing;
>> you twisted it to turn on/off. Not sure they do that any more, but
>> you might look there

I'll look into these.
> Ideally, the light should be bright enough that you can tell when it's on :-)

Well a lot of work we do is in racks in a data center.  Dark in parts
and then walk out into the office and you really can't tell if the light
is on.
The office is really well lit, with special high voltage color balanced
dual output level fluorescents that are only on the low level.  They can
be REALLY bright on high. The whole office area has chroma blue walls
and lighting to be a makeshift stage.

Matt Wehland