[Shop-talk] Craftsman Tools- Quality???

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Craftsman Tools- Quality???
From: Matt Wehland <mattw@webtripper.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 13:31:26 -0500
Well I just got a new plastic tool set with lots of stuff in it on sale
for $100 at Sears.
Here are a few thought, I have just opened all the bags and put the
tools in their spots.

The box on my last set fell apart years ago and I've needed a new set
for a while.
This new set has-
assorted wrenches (did not need at all),
1/4",3/8",1/2" drive ratchets (cheap feel)
variety of sockets.
variety of allen keys
screw driver handle w/assorted bits

Some other stuff

The box itself feels nicer than my old (20 year) set, might last longer.
But I don't think it hold the tools in very well, we shall see.
The tools on the other hand just feel cheap.

I will get a chance to use it now that the weather is above 0F.

Still looking for a decent tool set.

Any tips on buying used but not stolen tools?

Matt Wehland