Re: [Shop-talk] RotoZip router / saws

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] RotoZip router / saws
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 11:38:16 -0600
Actually that spec is from the SURFACE of the WALL, which is at least
1/2" out from the face of the studs., which actually gives you 1.5" to
work with. It isn't strictly enforced around here, as long as the wires
are near the center of the stud. The purpose of this spec is to keep
wires from getting drywall nails or screws into them, but it still
happens. Any time wire goes through a stud closer than 1" from the face
it is supposed to get a nail stop plate nailed to the stud to protect
the wires also. This applies to plumbing lines too.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Randall, On 1/11/2009 3:26 PM:

--
---
Pat Horne                              512.797.7501