Re: [Shop-talk] kid playsets

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] kid playsets
From: PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 07:49:09 -0500
I built this for my daughter summer of '07.  She was just turning 2.

My next door neighbor was tearing down the playset in his yard that he
inherited from the previous owner and was starting to be an eyesore.  He gave
me the slide and two normal swings.  I bought the "baby" swing from Home Depot
for very little.  My daughter is tall for her age, so the baby swing barely
fits her anymore.  The slide doubles as a "water slide" in the summer with a
little water from the hose.

I think I spent a few weekends and a couple hundred dollars on the project.  I
had some leftover PT and non-PT wood from other projects and my deck.

http://picasaweb.google.com/pjmcgarvey/Playset?authkey=QCwPR8MpKtw&feat=direc
tlink

-PJ> Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 01:02:48 -0500> From: mark@sccaprepared.com> To:
shop-talk@autox.team.net> Subject: [Shop-talk] kid playsets> > Howdy,> > My
wife is bugging me to do a playset for our son. Apparently the park > with all
their equipment isn't enough.> > Anyway, leaving aside that, anyone have any
pointers on the kid playset > front? Sources for inexpensive slides / swing
seats / whatever?> > One place I see online has a kit for $640 that includes a
couple slides, > seats / other swing hardware, and plans. You supply the
lumber. Am I > going to beat that by much?> > Less work by me is better, but I
also don't want to be spending $3k on a > playset.> > Thanks!> > Mark>