[Shop-talk] heat pump water heaters?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] heat pump water heaters?
From: scott.hall@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 18:36:30 +0000 (UTC)
it's shop related because it'll live in the garage and potentially cool it
somewhat, if the websites are to be believed...

so I've never even heard of these before, but the water heater at the new house
seems to be gone, and I was planning to replace it with solar or tankless, or
some combination of solar, tankless, and gas tank to get the endless hot water
at the lowest cost.

googling turns up heat pump water heaters. anybody know anything about them
besides the sales pitches on the web? ahve one?

I live in florida, so the incidental cooling benefit wouldn't be unappreciated.
on the other hand, I have the highest electricity rates for 600 miles, and
possibly the country outside new york.

thanks.

scott