Re: [Shop-talk] 110vac outlet question

To: <rustymetal@sbcglobal.net>, "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 110vac outlet question
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 09:13:49 -0600
Small slot (hot) and ground should be the same as small slot (hot) to large
slot (neutral).  Neutral to ground may show a couple of volts if there's a
load on the line, higher depending on the amperage of that load and distance
from the panel.  Even if there's no load, a small voltage is induced into
the neutral, but it may not be detectable unless you have a sensitive
digital voltmeter.  If there's a big voltage with no load, check that your
neutral is indeed attached at the panel.

No doubt Randall will explain far more  ;-)

Karl