[Shop-talk] Multi zone heating....?

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Multi zone heating....?
From: Trevor Boicey <trevor@boicey.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 17:27:52 -0500
   I saw a bit of chatting about this in the archives in July, just
wondering if any further knowledge could be shared.

   I just moved to a house that is a certifiable energy pig, almost
$4000/y in oil to heat.

   I of course will also be pursuing traditional solutions, like
insulation and such, but I am also interested in zoning it to be able to
keep some of the areas at lower temperatures. There is a sunroom that
doesn't need to be heated nearly as much, perhaps the basement could go
colder at night, etc.

   Any insight? I am looking at the Honeywell Envirazone systems,
probably three zones at first but likely quickly go to six.