Re: [Shop-talk] ODBII Scanners (again)

To: shoptalk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] ODBII Scanners (again)
From: Battmain <battmain@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 18:55:16 -0800 (PST)
I have an older autotap unit. It works well for my GM Truck.
On the other non GM cars, I get the generic stuff. Some
are using CAN bus now and one of my cars uses it. I still
get generic stuff, but no where as much info as the truck.
It has some quirks, that I've learned to work around. The
most annoying one is having to wait while it scans for
every possible obd code. I've created some config files
and pull those up before I connect to the car. That prevents
the annoying scan.

Brian
battmain@yahoo.com