[Shop-talk] "AIRCRAFT TOOL SUPPLY" Catalog

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] "AIRCRAFT TOOL SUPPLY" Catalog
From: "Elton E. (Tony) Clark" <eltonclark@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 19:36:38 -0600
*New catalog came today . . they have some really  neat tools . .
www.aircraft-tool.com  . . . I'm not that much into aircraft;  I just like
their tools.  What caught my attention is a listing for "valve tappet
clearance gauges" . . They look like a double ended single-blade feeler
gauge . . they're a bit pricey like all aircraft tools . . $56 and $75
respectfully for "Lycoming" and "Continental" . . what blew my mind was the
specification:*
**
*Lycoming:  .080" and .028"*
*Continental: .060" and .200"*
**
*WHAT THE F----?*
**
*Tony (who raced his formula vee tappets at .002" for years)*