Re: [Shop-talk] garage door opener problmes

To: shoptalk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] garage door opener problmes
From: Battmain <battmain@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 12:14:28 -0800 (PST)
Disconnect the opener from the door. Try moving the door by
hand. If the door is properly adjusted it should stop and stay
where you put it. If you open it one foot, it should stay open
one foot. Look at all the rollers. The ones on my mom's door
have a habit of coming loose. Then they cause issues with
the opening or closing. The springs are rather easy to adjust,
but before touching anything, look at how the tension is on
the spring. One way, it has tension, the other way it doesn't.
Get it wrong and the spring comes loose, you're going to be
hurting.

Now that the door is disconnected, does the opener operate
all the way? Both ways? (May need to hold the rope to prevent
the moving lock from locking in place again, or get someone to
 help.)

If the gears are plastic and you haven't yet taken the gear
assembly apart, do so. Look at the inside part that connects
to the motor. I had one that was cracked and looked fine from
the outside. Also worked fine when the door was
disconnected. Scratched my head a bit on that one.   :p

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Brian
battmain@yahoo.com