Re: [Shop-talk] Keeping under a deck dry

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Keeping under a deck dry
From: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 23:24:14 -0800
Hey, it's the PNW.  Even if you keep it dry, it'll still get mossy.  <grin>

I have seen what both of you are talking about.  It should work, but I'll
bet the stuff will still get damp.  I have a 6 foot high crawl space that is
concreted over half of the basement area.  Why they didn't go up another 2
feet and give us a real basement I'll never know.  We're on the top of the
east hill, with nothing but gravel, sand and glacial till under the house.
The sand has never been damp, but everything (not in a plastic bag) stored
under the house will feel damp in the depth of winter.

Jack
SE of Seattle