Re: [Shop-talk] Compressor repair

To: "'David Lieb'" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, "'Spridget List'"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Compressor repair
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 07:15:40 -0800
> Is there a thermal breaker on the back of the motor that
> might need reset?
> Otherwise, you can hardwire the compressor and bypass the
> pressure switch to see if the motor will turn.

FWIW, the pressure switch (which doubles as the on/off control) on my
Sanborn compressor had a second pair of contacts that still worked after the
first pair quit working.

Since you get no sound at all (and I presume the outlet is still working),
you should be able to trace through the compressors wiring with a test light
or ohmmeter and find the open.

Randall