Re: [Shop-talk] Painting a car again (for the first time)

To: "Jim Stone" <jandkstone99@msn.com>, "shop talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Painting a car again (for the first time)
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 20:55:04 -0500
Jim -

You have a great gun in that Binks #18.  It's capable of painting the
highest quality finish possible on your car.  You know how to use it, and
would have some advantage over having to learn how to use an HVLP setup.
You're not (apparently) planning on painting lots more cars in the next
couple of years.

HVLP has some advantage in overspray, but your gun will do as well or better
in terms of quality.  Why buy a Horrible Freight POS when you have and can
use a real professional tool ??

Or, as they say, "if it ain't broke..."

Karl

PS - I worked at Binks most of the years between 1971 and 1985, and have
painted lots of cars with my Binks guns - lots of other stuff too, from
buildings to furniture to airplanes.  I might be a bit biased  ;-)