Re: [Shop-talk] Dangerous tool gloat

To: "David C." <cavanadd@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Dangerous tool gloat
From: Trevor Boicey <trevor@boicey.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 11:16:15 -0400
David C. wrote:
> I just picked up what could possibly be my most dangerous tool- a
> Hitachi NR83A2 framing nailer.  It's awesome.

   Framing nailers are such great labour saving devices that they are
probably worth the risk, but it seems everybody has anecdotes of the
danger...

   My father in law nailed two of his fingers to a stud about a month ago.

   One time with a roofing nailed I shot a nail inadvertently at my
mother as she was passing my a shingle. The gun just went off completely
on it's own and whistled one over he shoulder. I wasn't on the trigger
at all, and certainly the "bump" lever wasn't touching anything.

   The other danger is slamming a nail through a board into your hand on
the other side holding it, or somebody on the other side working on
something else.

   Great tools, but treat them like a handgun that's always loaded.