Re: [Shop-talk] Moss removal from roof?

To: 'Shop Talk' <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Moss removal from roof?
From: Obaa <obaa996@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:21:32 -0700 (PDT)
I use something called "Moss-X" (?); it comes in a green can similar to Ajax
detergent and is commonly available at Home Depot and Lowes..  I think they
also make a spray version.
The stuff works quite well, but takes a little while to kill it all off.
Once you have it all killed, you can install a zinc strip along the roof
ridgeline.  It is a sacrificial strip, and will slowly leach in the rain.  It
does a lot to keep moss from re-appearing, although you'll still need to clean
the roof on occasion.