[Shop-talk] Window vs. Through-the-wall Air Conditioners

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Window vs. Through-the-wall Air Conditioners
From: "Bill Gingerich" <bill@gingerich.us>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 16:48:45 -0500
I would like to mount an AC unit through the wall of my garage.  When I look
at prices, the ones designed to mount through-the-wall are significantly
more expensive than regular window units.  So, what it the difference?  Is
there any reason I couldn't cut the appropriate size hole in the wall, and
mount a window unit in the hole?  Of course I need to seal around the unit,
make sure condensation can drain, etc.  It just seems like it should work.
Am I missing something here?

BillG

OKC