Re: [Shop-talk] Dryer vents?

To: "cornerexit" <cornerexit@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Dryer vents?
From: "Mark Watson" <watsonm05@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 20:41:42 -0400
Hi, Wayne,

    Have you thought about using a periscope?  You can see a picture of one
at:
http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=2530&PPStack=1

    In the picture the input and the exit are on the same side, you can just
slide the two pieces apart and reverse one of them to get the exit on the
opposite side as the input (or at least you could on the one I bought - not
sure about this one from the picture).  I was wondering if you could pull
your dryer out, clamp the periscope to the back of the dryer, slide the
dryer in, reach over behind the dryer and pull the outlet to line up with
the pipe that goes thru the wall.  From what your description this doesn't
sound like it will work but I thought I'd throw out the idea just in case.

    Another part might be:
http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=1399354&PPStack=1

    I use one of these periscope items on my dryer.  However, I just use the
part that attaches to the dryer which give me a short depth 90 degree turn
to the side and I have it attached to the metal flex line that connects to
the rigid pipe that runs under the house to the exterior wall exit.  In my
situation I have to pull the washer out, climb behind it to attach the
periscope piece to the dryer, climb back out, and push the washer back.
>From your description you also have your washer next to your dryer - could
you do this?  (Yes, I heartily agree that it's a pain but I rationalize it
as being necessary so I can avoid having too much flex pipe.

    Good luck!

Mark Watson