Re: [Shop-talk] No shop this weekend, kitchen remodel instead

To: Rich White <rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] No shop this weekend, kitchen remodel instead
From: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 13:51:41 -0400
I covered the bottom of my jigsaw with painters masking tape to prevent
scratching the new counter top. Depending on the size or placement of
the sink, you may have a little difficulty cutting the backside of the
sink's opening as the backsplash may foul the saw.  I had to use a
sawzall with a long blade to cut the back for that reason.  A tiny bit
of chipping may result even if you're careful. Hopefully the sink's lip
will cover it.

Oh, if you have to put a end cap on a trimmed edge, you might want to
practice with the laminate trimmer first before attempting to trim the
laminate on your new counter. Just saying...