Re: [Shop-talk] polybutylene piping

To: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] polybutylene piping
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 09:18:34 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008, Doug Braun wrote:
> Wouldn't most RVs have zero water pressure most of the
> time, and fairly low pressure when they are actually
> being used?
>
> I would think that in a RV you could get away with
> plumbing techniques (e.g. hose clamps) that would not
> be wise in a house.

I'm not particularly sure what pressure is hit when the pump is running,
but I'd guess similar to house pressure... The water coming out of the
faucet seems to be about the same.

And the system can be pressurized for extended periods... Like a week or
two wouldn't be uncommon, either using the pump or (more normally in a
campground) hooked up to the water hookup.

Mark