Re: [Shop-talk] OT---more on Windows Vista

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] OT---more on Windows Vista
From: PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 07:59:11 -0400
That's definitely an AV program.  Usually you get AV preinstalled with a new
Windows machine and a free 30-day or something trial offer.  Then you need to
purchase a license to keep getting updates - highly recommended.  This goes
back to my last post... just b/c you click OK everyday, the message goes away,
and everything seems OK... it is not... each day you are one more day behind
the curve on defending your computer.

PJ> From: gerrybraz@cablespeed.com> To: shop-talk@autox.team.net> Date: Tue,
12 Aug 2008 06:28:34 -0400> Subject: [Shop-talk] OT---more on Windows Vista> >
Here is a question for the few Windows Vista experts out there.....> > I got a
call from one of my friends who recently bought a new notebook with> Vista on
it. He said when he starts up he gets a message which says> something to this
effect,,,,"Definitions file is not up to date. Please> download new
definitions." I asked him if there was anything to indicate if> this message
was from Windows or Norton.....he said there was no indication.> He says that
when he ignores it, it goes away and everything seems to work> OK.> > I
searched in my Windows XP for something that looked like that and found>
nothing. Frankly, it sounds sort of like an AV thing but I am not sure,,,,,,>
do any of you people have any ideas?