Re: [Shop-talk] Old AM Car Radio

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Old AM Car Radio
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 18:06:48 -0700
> Does anybody have a diagram of a 1950's Motorola TM8A AM car
> radio.

I have a SAMS Photofact volume that covers it.

>  It has something that looks like a date code of 1955,
> but it is solid state and I don't recall that car radios were
> all transistor until a little later.

The SAMS is the Jan 71 issue, so I doubt the radio was from 1955.  Even my
62 Chevy still had some tubes in it (though the face plate said "Solid
State").

>  Mine has a label on it
> but it is torn and I can't read it.  I can tell that it is
> neg ground.  It has a warning on the label that says
> something like "Use Only XX Ohm Speaker"  and it is torn at
> the XX so I don't know what it says.

The diagram shows a front and rear speaker, with the front speaker specified
as a 4" by 10" 8 ohm.  No specs given for the rear speaker, though.

Randall