Re: [Shop-talk] electrical box plate

To: tr3driver@ca.rr.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] electrical box plate
From: "Matt" <mbarre@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:46:23 GMT
The blue boxes I have will accept an outlet or a switch, but the covers screw
into the switch or outlet.  I am running wires into the box from the living
space and since it is a flat cable, was going to cover the box with a switch
plate cover and route the cable through the rectangular hole. Blank covers
will screw right to the box but I will have to cut a hole in it and come up
with a grommet.  I guess that will be easier than chasing down the adaptor.

-- "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com> wrote:
> I am having difficulty locating an adapter plate that will
> allow me to mount a cover on a standard nail in blue outlet
> box.  The folks at Lowes & Home Depot look at me like I have
> 3 heads when I ask but I know I have seen them before.
> Any guidance from the list?

Beats me too.  My "blue nail-in outlet boxes" take covers directly, no
adapter required.  Just put one in the attic last month, to house a splice
where wires had to be rerouted around the new access ladder.

Randall
You are subscribed as mbarre@juno.com