Re: [Shop-talk] 6 to 3 fuel saving

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 6 to 3 fuel saving
From: scott.hall@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 22:51:53 +0000
there was a segment on the radio about this just the other day, just what you
noted.  people tend to not want to go from thier 10 mpg truck to a 18 mpg
truck, because it's 'only' 18 mpg.  but they're getting an 80% increase in
their mpg.  however, they get all excited about going from 30 mpg to 35 mpg--a
17% increase.

basically, people looking to dump suvs weren't because they couldn't get 35 mpg
vehicles that fit what they wanted.  but they'd turn up their noses at 22 mpg
vehicles that'd do what they wanted.

it was interesting.

From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>