Re: [Shop-talk] Welders, part 2

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Welders, part 2
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 07:51:54 -0400
At 11:11 PM 7/22/2008, Doug Braun wrote:

>When you price different packages, be sure not to
>forget the gas regulator and bottle.  Some models may
>include the regulator, others not.
>
>Also, you WILL need a cart, so factor in the price for
>that, if the welder does not include one.

For a cart, I initially used my cheap convertible (4 wheel) hand truck sitting
horizontal.  Laid down a plywood deck, and made a ring out of ply wood to hold
the gas bottle and screwed it to the base.  Then I used a piece of rope to tie
the neck of the bottle to the handle.

Most people will say to build your own to learn to weld.  Good idea.  But
if you watch harbor freight they put their MIG welding cart on sale pretty
often.  I'm purchased one and am very happy with it.  I don't think I could
have built one for as cheap.

John

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229