Re: [Shop-talk] fuel tank leak

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net, "Dan and Jenny Fest \(Coles Nurseries
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] fuel tank leak
From: "Jim S." <aztvr@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 15:52:19 -0700 (PDT)
These are products comonly used and recommended by the antique car crowd:

I have used Bill Hirsch gas tank sealer on my TR3 and had many years of good
results (never leaked again).
I bought the POR-15 gas tank sealer for another vehicle last year and it
worked.  It was recommended by several people in a thread on the subject on
the TR6 list.   I liked the Bill Hirsch product better; but, I don't have any
good reason why.
One other person in that TR6 thread recommended Red-Kote fuel tank liner.

I haven't ever heard of using MEK to clean out a fuel tank though.  I wouldn't
think that uou would need very much if you are trying to disolve "stuff."  I
would have thought a gallon would be plenty if it is really needed.

Jim

--- On Fri, 7/18/08, Dan and Jenny Fest (Coles Nurseries Inc)