Re: [Shop-talk] Aligning round tubing for mitering?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Aligning round tubing for mitering?
From: Drew Rogge <drew@DasRogges.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 12:52:46 -0700
For the miter cuts at the corners of the platform I'd cut one end at the 45
degree
angle and then hold the flat side of that end up against an angle plate when I
clamp
to cut the other end. If you don't have an angle plate then anything that can
establish a plane at 90 degrees from the table would work.

For cutting the fish mouths I would try to come up with some way that I wouldn't
have to unclamp the tube from the vise when I move it to the second end of the
pipe. For shorter pipes this would work better than for longer ones.

Drew