[Shop-talk] EDGER BLADES

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] EDGER BLADES
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 19:19:50 -0500
I've got the standard gas powered edger that the box stores sell... think
it's a 3hp MTD brand and it does a decent job.  It uses a 9" long blade that
is 2" wide and about 3/32 thick.  My blade was worn to badly to use
yesterday so I cut another from some stock the same thickness.  It worked ok
but  I noticed that when I finished, instead of wearing down evenly it was
ragged and bent (probably from a sidewalk hit or two.

What do they do to the regular blades to make them stronger... heat treat ??
special material ??  I've got plenty of stock and can cut them (at 7 bucks a
piece plus gas it might be worth it) but need to know how to 'treat' them to
get them to last longer...

thanks
John

'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of
battle