Re: [Shop-talk] Improving celluar modem's ranges (non-moto,

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Improving celluar modem's ranges (non-moto,
From: "Matt" <mbarre@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 00:55:00 GMT
Believe it or not, the cantenna actually works pretty well!
I think there is a good "how to" page on the web via either google or
wikipedia that shows a slightly larger diameter version for cell phone freqs.
Matt

-- eric@megageek.com wrote:
I'm stuck here in the middle of the texas/NM desert and I can barely (but
mostly "not") get a signal on my verizon wireless internet modem card.

There is a port for an external antenna, but I don't know if it will help.
Note, I do get excellent reception a few miles away, so there is coverage
out here.

Question 1, can someone help me find the correct antenna to buy to improve
the coverage?  I have a Verizon v620 card "Qualcomm 36 cdma."

Second question, does anyone know if something like this will work?
http://www.wilsonelectronics.com/Products.php?Type=B

This way others can use it.  (I would be interested if the cost was under
$1000.)

Anyone that can help would be appreciated.

Once I have better access to the internet, I can explain why the service
here is so crappy.

Moose

"We all know we're dying, And there's no sign of a parachute."
    Tori Amos
You are subscribed as mbarre@juno.com