Re: [Shop-talk] vises

To: "Bob Dixon" <bobdixon@frii.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] vises
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 14:12:32 -0700
> Chinese and Indian stuff
> might be okay.  They might not.  I've got a vise that I got from Enco.

Ditto.

Didn't expect the cheap Enco vise to last long, but it was all I could
afford at the time.  Going on 20 years later, it still works well enough.

Given that I use it for cold-forging; and have been known to tighten it with
a hammer, that's amazing.

However, I was surprised to learn that the jaws are not interchangeable,
even with each other !  When I made some substitute smooth jaws, I took a
pattern from one jaw and duplicated it for the other jaw ... it didn't fit.

Randall