Re: [Shop-talk] Reviving a carb

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Reviving a carb
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 07:44:35 -0400
At 07:21 AM 5/23/2008 -0400, eric@megageek.com wrote:
>OK, so I borrowed a rototiller from a friend that hasn't used it in years.
>
>Besides the exhaust valve being stuck (I fixed that,) the carb seems to be
>varnished.
>
>I dissembled it and cleaned everything that I could reach.  It seems there
>isn't much access to the insides of this carb (it's a small B&S motor.)
>
>So, is there a product I can leave the carb soaking in for a while to
>break up the old gas?

Inch,

You can buy a 1 gal. can of carb cleaner at most auto parts stores.
It comes with a basket to put the parts in.  Simply place the parts
in the gal can and let soak for 20 minutes, remove, and dry off,
reassemble.

You can also try squirting in some carb cleaner and letting that sit,
but the spray cleaner evaporates fairly quickly.

John

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229

                       65 Rambler Classic