[Shop-talk] Briggs and Stratton engine reverse polarity

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Briggs and Stratton engine reverse polarity
From: "Bob Rochlin" <r_rochlin@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 06:19:44 -0400
Last week my daughters boyfriend tried to jump start my old Case Lawn
Tractor and reversed the polarity in the process.  It now gets no spark.
The engine is so old that it's not really worth replacing the whole ignition
system, but if I could figure out which component was bad I might be able to
replace just that one component.  In thinking about it I can't really see
how reversing the polarity would fry a magneto ignition system, but I'm no
expert. Blown out capacitor maybe?  Any advice appreciated.

Bob