Re: [Shop-talk] Head studs

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Head studs
From: Pat <Pat@HorneSystemsTx.com>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 19:53:16 -0500
I wouldn't use locktite on my head studs, sometimes you need to take the
stud out to get the head off if corrosion has set in between the head
and bolt We have this trouble on the Datsun Roadsters  (1962-1970). The
aluminum thermostat tower is secured with steel studs to the head. If
the tower stays on for more than a few years it is almost impossible to
get it off without damaging it. The Roadster crowd has been going to
bolts to hold it on and coating the bolts with anti-seize compound.
Makes things a lot easier to work with later.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake John T. Blair:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001