Re: [Shop-talk] lifts (was: jack stands)

To: markmiller@threeboysfarm.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] lifts (was: jack stands)
From: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 09:49:34 -0400
On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 11:49 PM, Mark Miller
<markmiller@threeboysfarm.com> wrote:
> I've always been intrigued by these:
>  http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=33795
>
>  Anyone have one?  Or better yet, a pair to make a low rise lift?  And yes, I
>  think a set of very well made jack stands would make a lot of sense with
>  them.

I don't have one.  But I've done lots of work under one.  The shop I
used to work for had one (well, a five ton one).  We used it to lift
the front of trucks that wouldn't fit on the lift.  Sometimes, I'd use
it outside when the shop was full.  I don't think I'd want to have
two.  They're fine for things where you just want one end of the
vehicle off the ground, like brakes, or to change a starter motor.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com