Re: [Shop-talk] Gambrel Roof Aesthetics?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Gambrel Roof Aesthetics?
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 07:40:15 -0400
At 10:17 PM 4/13/2008 -0400, Rush wrote:

>My wife and I are designing our gambrel-roof barn/shed on CAD....

>So have you ever seen any discussion of gambrel roof aesthetics?  We'd
>like to get the proportions right. We live near an upscale neighborhood
>and wouldn't want to offend.

Jon,

I'll bet that when you get the sesthetics right you'll have the most wasted
raw material.

If you live in what used to be the country and the uppies have moved out
there, I wouldn't worry about them.  40 years ago, where I live was all
farmland.  Now the suburbs have moved out to take over all that "country".
People still have livestock, horses, cows, pigs, chickens & roosters.
But the uppies are complaining about the noise the animals make.
Go figure.

John

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229