Re: [Shop-talk] Fw: Here's your chance to wade in on a family

To: "'Tom Bott'" <tbott1@bellsouth.net>, "Shop-Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Fw: Here's your chance to wade in on a family
From: "Tony Vaccaro" <tvacc@lotusowners.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 16:00:17 -0400
For a mouse you want a lower db unit. Anything really powerful will blow
their ear drums. Once you blow their ears...they walk around with sound
impunity.

If it is a rat...all you want to do is scramble their senses so that they
will eat the poison (which they wont if they have sensed it as trouble
before).

I don't know of any recent brands. I just know the technical aspects and how
they work.

When we installed a system at a grain mill on a Friday in Byron NY in 1975,
by the end of the weekend there were so many rats we had to pick them up
with a small dozer. They did not have bobcats back then. There were
thousands of dead rats. Basically the ultrasonic sounds scrambled their
sense enough that they ate the poison we had laid out. They would not do
that previously.

It was a fun job...I think.

Tony V