Re: [Shop-talk] Mystery of the blown transformers

To: shop talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Mystery of the blown transformers
From: Jim Stone <jandkstone99@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 20:48:35 -0500
I want to update everyone on the final outcome of my effort to fix my parents'
porch light.  The group was absolutely right: the problem was using too small
a transformer.  I did a little digging online and ended up buying one marketed
as being for security cameras, as it was the same specs as the original one.
The were available from multiple places; I bought mine from securityideas.com,
simply because they seemed to be the least expensive.  I installed it on
Saturday and it is still working this evening, which is considerably longer
than the 10 minutes I got out of the doorbell transformers!

My thanks again to all who weighed in on this.  Your advice, as always, was
invaluable!

Jim Stone