Re: [Shop-talk] Sam's Club Toolbox - report and you thought Arvid

To: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>, "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Sam's Club Toolbox - report and you thought Arvid
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 08:03:35 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Sam's Club Toolbox - report and you thought Arvid told
you everything !

> Made a trip to Sam's ... The guides are plastic friction slide type, no
> bearings
> ... The shiny diamond plate exterior is all for show.  it's actually a
> stamped
> thin sheet metal faceplace on the drawers.

Your analysis made me go look at mine again - just to make sure they had the
features I thought they did. All three of mine have ball bearing slides and
the front face plates are actually the front of the drawers, not simply a
facade. It seems as thought the new ones are a step down in quality from the
earlier ones - a sign of our times.

Arvid