Re: [Shop-talk] hoist and trolley for engine installation

To: "old dirtbeard" <dirtbeard@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] hoist and trolley for engine installation
From: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 15:26:49 -0500
On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 3:05 PM, old dirtbeard <dirtbeard@pacbell.net> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
>  3.       I am assuming that an I-beam hoist will be a lot nicer to use than
>  a floor hoist, but what is your experience? (here I am wondering about
>  positioning the engine - the trolley will allow me lateral movement, but for
>  fore and aft, I suppose I would need to push the car as opposed to pushing
>  the floor hoist around -- car could not be on jack stands, etc.).

It's been my experience that if you've got nice level floor, a cherry
picker type hoist
is easier to use.  being able to move it side-to-side as well as
back-to-front makes things much nicer.  It sounds like yours goes side
to side, though, and all the ones I've used went front to back.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com