Re: [Shop-talk] Sams Club tool box - part one

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Sams Club tool box - part one
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 13:03:57 -0600
All that I know about them:

They are made by this company http://www.cspsmetal.com/toolchests/index.html

I have three similar sets - two 41in 7 drawer bottoms and 5 drawer tops and one
56in 12 drawer bottom and 10 drawer top.

The specific one you referenced does not appear to be on the CSPS web site but
I do not find that to be a strange. None of the ones
that I have are currently on the CSPS web site either.

The 41in units are three years old and are "plain". The 56in unit is 18 months
old and had the "diamond plate" finish. My personal
preference is for the plain finish but the 56in unit was only available in
diamond plate.

All were purchased at the local Sam's club so no shipping was involved.

Note that the following is not from a specification sheet but just an
"eye-ball" assessment of the picture you provided and my
experience with my setup.

I am guessing that the bottom section is one drawer 7.6in tall - 9in face, two
drawers 3.7in tall - 4.75in face, three drawers 1.8in
tall - 3in face and one drawer 1.4in tall - 2.5in face.

Again a guess that the top section is one drawer 3.7in tall - 4.75in face, two
drawers 1.8in tall - 3in face and  two drawer 1.4in
tall - 2.5 face.

And I am guessing it has two gas struts to hold the top up. Based on the
picture I am guessing that the lid is simply that - a lid -
and  the top of the top box is a "compartment" that has four sides on it. For
those of you who are asking "what the heck is he
talking about?", the two 41in tops I have are exactly as I have described but
the top of the 56in does not have a front side on it -
the "front" is attached to the lid. The advantage of "no front edge" is that
those of use who are height challenged can see
everything that is on the top 56in shelf and not have to get a stool to look
into the compartment in the top of the 41in box.  I
have mitigated this by not putting little stuff in the top of the cabinets
where it will get lost because I can not see it - only
tall stuff that will not fit in the drawers - see below - goes up there. Of
course this means I can't close the lid because of all
the tall stuff - never a perfect solution to these things!

More to come ...