Re: [Shop-talk] GFCI Question

To: Battmain <battmain@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] GFCI Question
From: Pat Horne <roadsters@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 21:49:23 -0600
Brian,

Several things here.

Don't worry about finding a single outlet GFCI. I've never seen one, but
that doesn't mean they don't exist any more.The two outlets are
connected in parallel, so just plug whatever was plugged into the single
socket and forget the other one.

Now for the wiring on the back.Verify which wires are hot, they go to
the connections marked line. The other wires connect to the load
connections. GFCIs will work if hooked up backwards, the only difference
is that when hooked up backwards whatever is plugged directly into the
GFCI is not protected.

If the green light stays on when the GFCI is tripped you have the wires
backwards.

If you need more information feel free to ask.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Battmain:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001