Re: [Shop-talk] Wireless router - signal boost

To: "'Ron Schmittou'" <rs1121@earthlink.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Wireless router - signal boost
From: "Bill Gingerich" <bill@gingerich.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 19:17:33 -0600
You could run cat 5 wires to all your computers.  It's faster than wireless,
and more secure.  Yes, pulling wire can be a pain.  I hardwire all my
network connections.  I have wireless capability, but keep the wireless
radio turned off and pass worded.  It's much harder for the average hacker
to get into a wired system.

Bill G
OKC

SO what should us more mechanically inclined than technically inclined folks
do?  I thought setting up with a required key you have to enter was secure?
How are people getting pass this?