Re: [Shop-talk] Treadmill tripping gfci

To: "'cornerexit'" <cornerexit@gmail.com>, "'Shop Talk'"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Treadmill tripping gfci
From: "Ron Schmittou" <rs1121@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 12:40:04 -0600
GFI outlets just don't seem to work well on large devices - this really
sucks since they are now mandatory for garages in all new construction, and
that's where most people are going to be plugging in freezers / compressors
/ heavy EQ.  And unless your planning on working barefoot in water using
power tools they really aren't needed.  I foresee in the future where all
outlets are rated to allow only .5 amp current draw to make us save money
and not use any heavy draw devices, and they will have a camera built in to
make sure we aren't trying to hook up an extension cord or outlet splitter.