Re: [Shop-talk] Air-powered nibbler at Horrible Freight

To: Shop-Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Air-powered nibbler at Horrible Freight
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 07:52:10 -0500
At 12:12 AM 12/8/2007 -0500, David Scheidt wrote:

>Has anyone tried out one of these nibblers ?
> http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=46061

I also have one.  For thin sheet metal, like car fenders, it's great.
There are some issues though:

1. If you're trying to cut off a car fender, or a trunk, it doesn't like
the stiffing bends as there isn't a lot of clearence or the opening of
the jaws.  It really just likes flat metal.

2.  Where and how do you plan on using it.  If it's in your shop OK.  I
don't suggest using it out doors - in the grass.  The little pieces of
metal it cuts go flying.  If you're in the grass, the metal shavings will
end up there.  If you walk barefoot or your pet walks around that area,
there is a good chance you/they will get a splinter.

They do work quite nicely though.  At least mine has.  We've used it to
section fenders, cut out trunks, and cut flat sheet metal.

Not sure how much air it consumes.

John

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229