Re: [Shop-talk] harris welding torches and blue point jack?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] harris welding torches and blue point jack?
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 19:53:35 -0600
Acetylene isn't stable by itself at pressures above about 15 PSI.  For that
reason, it's dissolved in a matrix containing acetone in the tank - part of
the reason acetylene tanks are surprisingly heavy for their size.  If the
tank has been on its side, it should sit upright for a while before being
used - I don't remember how long, but ISTR that it's on the order of a few
minutes, not hours.

Karl