Re: [Shop-talk] harris welding torches and blue point jack?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] harris welding torches and blue point jack?
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 07:27:45 -0600
You mostly see that size in welding shops and on construction sites, where
they use a seriious amount of gas.  I gave away a set recently (they were
given to me by someone who got them the same way) because I didn't want to
pay for testing (they were out of date) and I didn't want to have to horse
them around all the time.  I saved one to use for nitrogen - maybe - some
day.

You lift them by hand unless you have some easier way to lift them.  Eat
your Wheaties   ;-)

And when you do move them, make sure to put the caps on.  A cylinder with
the valve snapped off (it's not that hard to do) can take off like a
torpedo, and the valve goes the other way like a large piece of schrapnel.
It can ruin a few peoples' day.

Karl