Re: [Shop-talk] harris welding torches and blue point jack?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] harris welding torches and blue point jack?
From: Trevor Boicey <trevor@boicey.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 01:19:53 -0500
Karl Vacek wrote:
> That's why you usually buy the tank from the dealer in the first place - you
> get a rusty old beater tank in the first place and never have any higher
> expectations  ;-)
>
> Did you actually buy NEW regular-sized tanks ?/  I'm not sure I've ever seen
> really new tanks, except the little portable ones.  I thought they were made
> by gnomes in the forest, and then beaten up and rusted on the way to the gas
> supplier the first time !!

    I had this problem once. I first got my oxy/acet kit by borrowing it
from my dad. He had purchased them shiny new.

    When I got them filled the first time, I had to ask for my own tanks
specifically back, which took about a week and drew a lot of funny stares.

    After my dad accepted that he was never getting the stuff back
though, he also relented and allowed me to just swap them out.

    Different areas have different tanks, some areas have smaller tanks
that are not swappable, some areas will swap them.

    I happen to have the smallest tank set that is swappable, which
works for me. (40 cu ft?)